TrailSkate all-terrain skates, designed and developed by GateSkate, Inc., follow in the footsteps of a number of other great recreational sports trends like mountain biking, snowboarding, and in-line skating. TrailSkate all-terrain skates are designed to go over any type of surface including asphalt, dirt, gravel, grass and mountain trails. They roll easily over bumps, cracks, and debris. Hand-controlled hydraulic brakes located in the rear wheel of each skate allow skaters to easily control speed and stop quickly while maintaining a comfortable, balanced, upright body position.
Features and Amateur Video:
- Precision molded lightweight aluminum wheels.
- 8-inch (200mm) high-pressure pneumatic tires (similar to mountain bike tires) that provide a smooth ride on rough surfaces.
- Clamshell boot-binding system that fits easily over the user’s shoes and is quickly secured with independent ratcheting binding latches and straps for comfort and stability.
- Precision crafted flexible composite chassis provides a lightweight ski-like platform with a low-center of gravity delivering greater stability than traditional in-line skates.
- One-hand stopping power (using a single lever that simultaneously actuates the hydraulic drum brakes located in the rear wheel of each skate) allows users to easily control speed and stop efficiently.
The pair will run you about $350 at TrailSkate