With a push of a button, wait for the indicator light turns green and your water is now purified and safe for drinking. The SteriPen Portable Water Purifier uses ultraviolet (UV) light to purify clear water by destroying viruses, bacteria and protozoa Ã¢â‚¬â€ including Giardia and Cryptosporidium Ã¢â‚¬â€ in seconds. It can purify 0.5 liters (16 oz) of water in 48 seconds. Compare this to chemicals like chlorine that take up to 4 hours to do this job or iodine, which canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t eliminate some protozoa at all. This speed means you can drink quickly. The SteriPen is also lightweight weighing less than 225 g (8 ounces) with batteries. Compare this to pump filters that weigh up to a pound or more! SteriPens light weight makes it easy to pack and carry in everything from a purse to an expedition pack.
This is great for when you’re travelling to a foreign country where you’re not sure if the tap water is safe for drinking or take along to your camping trip or in a emergency.
- Proven to eliminate viruses, bacteria and protozoa
- Fast: 48 seconds for 16oz (0.5L), 90 seconds for 32oz ( l Liter)
- Long life: up to 8000 uses, 8000L (2000 gallons), per UV lamp
- Weight: 3.7 oz. w/o batteries (8 oz. with batteries)
- Dimensions: 7.6″ (L) X 1.5″ (W) X 1.5″ (H)
- Takes 4 AA batteries