Powermat

We all hate wires right?  Well Powermat is bringing the dream of wireless charging to a home near you…  It’s a small mat that you plug into the wall or pc, lay your electronic devices on and it immediately starts charging.  How does it work you ask?  Using magnetic induction, Powermat pairs a thin mat with a receiver that connects to your device.  Each Powermat can wirelessly charge 3-6 devices simultaneously and the company claims the same power charge rate as if you used the old school wire method (how lame).

Powermat PMM-HO100 Home & Office Mat (Black)

Powermat in use 1Powermat in use 2Powermat in use 3Powermat in use 4

22 Responses to “Powermat Wireless Power Charging”
  1. PJ says:

I love the idea of just being able to plop my devices down on this mat and not have to dig out a bunch of cords first.

2. Dan says:

Does anyone know if there will be an early release of the Powermat wireless charger online so that I can purchase one before it hits the stores?

3. carrie h says:

The Powermat is an awesome idea! I can’t wait to get rid of clutter in our office! I can’t wait to get our own!

4. ezee says:

I can reclaim that drawer full of corded charges for my BB, cell phone and laptop.

5. cam says:

Also a great item to travel with, i wish one was coming out for the car!

6. KBush says:

This is amazing and I can’t wait to get one- it will reduce the clutter of all the chargers and will be easy for travel!

7. Jen says:

I’m so excited about getting rid of the 3 phone chargers I have that take up the entire counter!

8. QTGirl says:

Can’t wait to get my hands on one- no excuses for dead phones with this.

9. DKS says:

What a great idea! This will stop me from forgetting to plug in my phone or iPod and ending up with no charge by the time I get to work or the gym.

10. Lauren says:

Looks great and can’t wait to use it while traveling

11. Mark says:

This seems great. No more fighting over the one blackberry charger at home.

12. Thomas says:

I think this is an awsome idea, but I had always thought that magnets destroy electronics. And also if some one could tell me how the Powermat actually charges the battery that would be awsome.

13. Neil says:

Youtube video with inductance transducers that shows how energy and signals can be transmitted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZcE3UjF2w

Or do a YouTube search with the following string: “Exploring the use of Inductance Transducers”

14. Derek says:

such an old idea, electric toothbrushes have been doing this for ages

15. Samuel says:

personly as im a Ham radio operter Operator thing like thease interfear whith equipment. now if your think that we only do it for a hobby. thats is moslty true be we olso do raynet operations whith this could be like helping serch and rescue so helping uthers in need. now think of what fire Service, amblace, plice and sor forth. thay youse CB radio which olso get interference from thers gadjets. and the same whith the BT home hub THAT MY FRIEND IF YOU HAVE ONE IS A ilegal becouse thay give out to much radio waves which travel along you cables arounf your house baslky makeing your house a bit antena. now lets think live thiss if your house in on fire or need an amblace if thay are in an area of which on of thers are located thay wont be able to ask for adsitance. BECOUSE there radios will not work. thiss matter is down to OFCOM whith in my exsprence arnt doing there jobs be for long thiss will becoume a big problem. so please be for you go out ab get one think of what you could be doing

16. Tiffany says:

Samuel down there is an idiot. Since when is there a u in the word others? And what in gods name is an amblace? I’m sure you meant ambulance. Maybe you should put down the ham radio and pick up a book.

17. Necromas says:

So many people are going to buy this and think it can magically just charge the battery on your device. You have to use special attachments for all your devices so the power can go from the pad to the attachment, and then into the actual device with a direct connection.

18. Kyle says:

yea but wouldnt the magnetic induction screw with the screen and internal parts? If it didnt i would definitly CONSIDER buying this.

19. She says:

Samuel learn to spell. He doesn’t know what he is talking about. It works great. As Tiffany said ” Why don’t you put don’t you put down the Ham radio and read a book.”

20. John says:

Samuel, I’m sure your attempting to speak to the issue of RFI or Radio Frequency Interference. As you may notice if you read the labels on nearly all electronic devices manufactured since the late 70’s that they must comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Without quoting the regulation basically modern electronic devices must not produce harmful radio frequency interference and must accept same without malfunctioning. It is more than likely that this product passes these tests and will not shut down your local emergency service radio network. Now if you have one in your ham shack next to your receiver well then you may experience RFI…. So move it. Likewise don’t plug it in and use it on top of your cable box or your satellite receiver and you will probably be fine.

21. Jan says:

So if your ipod can’t be charged because the little black thing in the end where the power cord goes is broken off will it still work? Trying to find a solution to my son’s ipod. He plugged it in and when it wouldn’t charge he pulled the cord out and out came the black piece.

22. Hannah Ford says:

Hi, fantastic suggestion and an exciting post, it’s going to be fascinating if this is still the situation in a few months time

23.
What are your thoughts on this Gadget...

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.